How to apply the One Step Gel
Quick and Easy Application Steps for Bindy’s One Step Gels
Prepare the nail, file and buff well and including the corners of the nails. Buffing will help remove any oils from the nail surface and your nail should be nice and smooth before application.
Clean and wipe your nail with an alcohol wipe or a nail pre-solution and let dry before applying the UV gel.
Before applying, gently roll the bottle between the palms of your hands. Don’t shake your bottle heavily as this can produce air bubbles.
Apply a thin coat of your selected colour and apply over the nail tips as well, make sure you avoid getting any on your cuticle or skin, as this can cause it to peel and not stay on .
Cure for 30 to 60 seconds depending on the wattage of your lamp (UV or LED lamp) and the lamp will switch off automatically.
If you wish to apply more coats, follow steps 3 to 5.
Make sure that you don’t leave your bottle open and keep out of direct sunlight.
Base Coat or no Base Coat
A debate has arisen over whether to use a base coat with the One Step Gel. As the name implies it is a One Step Gel and is meant to be applied with just one coat.
Some customers have found that they get a better result by using a base coat. This makes for a much smoother finish and makes it easier to remove the One Step Gel when you want to change colours. One of the main reasons for using a base coat is to smooth out the nail from any damage, ridges or uneven surfaces that may be present on the nail. Some customers have also found that by using a base coat the One Step Gel is easier to remove from the nail.
Useful tips to remove our One Step gels
- Step 1: Tear the top of the UV gel remover pocket packaging.
- Step 2: Open the pocket slightly.
- Step 3: Slide your finger / thumb inside the pocket with the pad on top of the nail. Simply peel off the plastic strip on the back of the gel enamel remover pocket.
- Step 4: Fold both sides of the pocket back onto its self so that it sticks ,wait 15 to 30 mins.
- Step 5: Remove the pocket, the gel should just fall off. If not use orange stick to remove and scrape off any residue. Clean with nail prep or alcohol wipe and wash your hands in warm soapy water.
- Step 6: Apply a good hand and nail cream or cuticle oil and massage into the cuticles.